If you see a message such as the following while installing or upgrading:
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spot Flux\Services\IPC Service.dll"
One of the Spotflux services is likely still running, which is holding a lock on the file. This will prevent the install updating the file. Stopping the service(s) will free up the file:
- Open Control Panel
- Type "services" in the search box
- When the result appear, select "View local services"
- Look for the services with the name "Spotflux Connection Manager" or "Spotflux Update Manager"
- If either of these are showing "Started", select them one at a time and click the "Stop" button.
- Once the services are stopped, you will be able to reinstall Spotflux.